On November 1, planners concluded a weeklong effort to gain community input on the latest draft maps. Based on the nature of community workshops, Save Historic Jackson Hole has some major concerns:
- The process seemed to be designed to lead people to a predetermined conclusion.
- Information at the meetings was filtered and may not be recorded correctly.
- In some cases the facilitator debated with members of the public instead of recording their comments.
- The information gathered at the meetings will be interpreted by staff before it is reported to the electeds.
- So far, the maps do not provide information that is meaningful or predictable.
Read here for more details.